Senior E-Commerce Developer
We are known for boutique e-commerce.
We specialise in design & build of high performing platforms & stores. We produce work that redefines category excellence and accelerates platform profitability. We aspire to make technically challenging and creatively testing work adapting to the needs and scale of any project.
Our development projects span best in class customised E-Commerce & CMS platforms. We work with various PHP frameworks - most commonly CraftCMS, Craft Commerce & Laravel as well as Shopify Plus, Craft Commerce & Magento.
We’re regularly working with APIs to push and pull data from sources ranging from Inventory Management and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM), financial data feeds, and so much more. Our back-end development work is as much about technical architecture planning and clear multi-party communication, as it is about the accuracy of the code, and robust testing.
Without exception, project technical requirements are scoped out and budgeted against, and we are deliberate in never committing to work we are not confident we can deliver.
Senior E-Commerce Developer
Based in our Hong Kong office
Vision, Strategy & Management
- Work directly with the MD to help shape the agency's technical vision & delivery.
- Educate, train and be a champion for this technical vision within the agency and with clients.
- Manage the current engineering team.
- Build,scale and fully manage a remote developer team.
Technical Planning & Delivery
- You’ll be heavily involved in project planning and budgeting, during the business development process, and after sign off.
- As a key developer, you will be managing the technical delivery across the business, including quality control, code reviews, and the optimisation of budgets and efficiency.
- You are a technical architect, making key decisions around system architecture that affect production, operations, scalability and maintainability - all with client business objectives in mind.
- You will lead the ongoing review and assessment of all factors that affect delivery, including technology adoption, resourcing, development workflow.
- You will be on the tools - Hands-on technical development of a wide range of website applications & e-commerce platforms - taking the lead on key back-end logic and tasks as the lead developer resource,
- We have a tight process at Butter and require reporting of all development centric Key Performance Indicators to the wider team
Collaboration & Client Engagement
- A key part of your job will be to communicate internally with new business strategists, strategists, designers, and other staff members in support of successful delivery of all assigned projects.
- You’ll be required to help Butter win business through pitching, meetings with clients (& their ERP agencies or other agencies) and by presenting and continually representing your technical plans and solutions.
- You will be a key point of escalation for existing clients to support them on any platform related requirements
Mindset, Skills & Experience that we value
- Accustomed and experienced in the fast pace of agencies - we work on 3-5 projects and support 25+ clients at any given time.
- You are an extremely strong communicator - who enjoys making the complex simple.
- Have managed, grown and supported development teams both onshore and offshore.
- Obsessed with e-commerce and how the latest technology is shaping consumer engagement.
- You find solutions for complex problems and can articulate that to non-technical teammates, clients and stakeholders.
- Proven skills in technical architecture planning for CMS and e-commerce platform related projects.
- Deep, hands-on, expertise with:
- Open source PHP frameworks - e.g. Laravel, Craft CMS, Craft Commerce
- Knowledge and experience with e-commerce: Shopify, Craft Commerce, and/or Magento 2.0.
- Confident working with a range of cloud based infrastructures at a server admin & DevOps level, with the ability to debug hard problems at every level of the stack.
18 days annual leave per year.
2 Days Per Week Remote Work
We'd love to hear about who you are, what you have done and what you can achieve at Butter! Include as much information as you'd like!
Please note that we will aim to get back to you within 2 weeks of your application. If you haven't received a response during this period, the application was unsuccessful. We will always welcome you to resubmit if you'd like!