E-Commerce Sales Strategist
Our projects span best in class customised E-Commerce platforms, large scale web applications & content management systems, and performance marketing campaigns. We work with various e-commerce platforms - most commonly Craft Commerce & Shopify.
We’re regularly working with APIs to push and pull data from sources ranging from payment providers, Inventory Management and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM), marketing automation tools, and so much more.
We have over 11 years working with Hong Kong companies - You can read some of our more recent case studies.
The role of our e-commerce strategist is a sales role - working with inbound leads and referrals from discovery, project strategy, budgeting, proposal creation & presentation and deal closure.
This role is a key role within the agency - you not only represent Butter and our values to prospective clients but you also work with all agency teams - Strategy, Design & Engineering.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will be managing Butter’s new business pipeline & are the first one to review potential client briefs / RFPs as they come in.
- After qualification, you will work with clients via meetings, calls and workshops to fully scope their project requirements - across strategy, design and technical aspects of their needs.
- You will lead Butter’s proposed e-commerce or web platform solution, working with our discipline experts across strategy, design and engineering.
Budgeting + Proposals & Closing Deals
- After fully scoping client requirements and agreeing on a platform or e-commerce strategy, you will work to estimate resources required in the form of a budget.
- You will build proposals & present your solution to potential clients; founders, owners and senior management of corporates.
- You will work with clients post-proposal all the way to sign off, ensuring Butter is well-positioned to win their business.
Mindset, Skills & Experience We Value
- You’ve been successful in a sales-based role within agencies, e-commerce providers, or SaaS.
- You have worked within, met and exceeded your sales team KPIs & targets - selling to the lower end of the mid-market (medium sized biz with 11-50/100 staff).
- You are obsessed with e-commerce.
- You have a background in sales - and have built up a framework and process you use to close deals.
- You also have a strategic mind and enjoy working closely with clients and colleagues on mapping out solutions.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in a small business environment - where you are the only one who does your role!
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, apply below!
We'd love to hear about who you are, what you have done and what you can achieve at Butter! Include as much information as you'd like!
Please note that we will aim to get back to you within 2 weeks of your application. If you haven't received a response during this period, the application was unsuccessful. We will always welcome you to resubmit if you'd like!